Monday, August 17, 2009

Big Girl Play

I met my friend Susan when I first starting teaching at my current school 13 years ago.  She was first hired as a sub and then eventually as a first grade and K teacher.  She is the kind of friend who you can call after a few months of not talking and pick up right where you left off.  I can completely be myself with her and not ever feel judged by what I say, share, or feel.  We have shared many memories, secrets, and hard times over the years.  She did a reading at my wedding when she was 8 months pregnant! Her children are 12, 10, and 7.  I had always wished we would have children at the same time, but it didn't work out that way! Now, when we do get together, her girls are very sweet and patient while they play and hang with Shannon so we can talk. Shannon enjoyed every minute of being entertained by the big girls.... getting to go down the slide and climb all over. Thanks Danielle and Courtney, Shannon loves you.


No comments: