Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Julie



Julie and I have known each other since 1986, that's 23 years!  We met in college when we lived next door to each other in the dorms and have stayed in touch all these years.  We have been in each other's weddings and have shared some life long memories.  Julie is a great friend that makes it so easy for you to be friends with her.  I have never felt competition between us and she has always taken in interest in what is happening to me, my family, and my life.  Throughout the years we have visited each other in our home towns (she is from Galesburg). This summer her son Peyton, who is now 11, was in town for a baseball tournament.  They are a big baseball family, Julie's husband has played his whole life and now coaches a college team.  

I drove to meet them at their hotel and of course we had to take a group shot. Julie's daughter Jillian was loving hanging out with Shannon. It was so fun for us to see our kids, 13 years apart, interact with one another!  Julie, her mom, Jillian, Shannon and I went out to dinner and we spent the entire night talking!  I really miss not being able to see her all the time- wish we lived closer. Julie really hasn't changed a bit, I Iove it!

No comments: